Saturday, February 12, 2011

Teachings Of Don Juan


"I'm telling you, the power of the devil's weed is no longer needed by us, the Indians. I think we have lost interest, and now power doesn't matter anymore. I felt the way you did today, only five hundred times more strongly. I killed a man with a single blow of my arm. I could toss boulders, huge boulders not even twenty men could budge. Once I jumped so high I chopped the top leaves off the highest trees".

"It was different when there were people in the world" he proceeded, "People who knew a man could become a mountain lion, or a bird, or that a man could simply fly. So I don't use the devil's weed anymore. For what? To frighten the Indians? [Para que? Para asustar a los indios?]

pg. 66
from "The Teachings Of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way Of Knowledge"
Carlos Castaneda
1968
Pocket Books

No comments:

Post a Comment